Pretty please: Named arguments

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 13:37:32 PST 2011

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 15:29:28 -0500, Bruno Medeiros
<brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail> wrote:

> On 28/02/2011 22:13, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>

>> Dunno, vim doesn't do that for me currently.
>
> I feel tempted to say something very short and concise regarding vim and
> emacs, but it would require a large amount of justification to properly
> expose such point. I am planning to write a blog post about that, but I
> haven't gotten to it yet.
>
>  > Also, if reviewing code on github, there is no ide.
>  >
>  > -Steve
>
> A) Should we give any significant weight to very minute and relatively
> infrequent code reading situations, like web-based code reviewing in
> github or whatever, or reading code in books? I doubt so.

I contest that web based code reviewing is going to be infrequent, since
all major phobos changes now must be reviewed by 2 peers before inclusion.

Please look at a recent pull request review I participated in, without
ever opening an editor/ide.  GitHub provides very good collaborative
review.  If I have to install an IDE that I only use for reviewing, um...
no.

https://github.com/jmdavis/phobos/commit/aca1a2d7cfe7d5e934668e06028b78ffb6796245

> B) If the pull request is large, it should be near effortless to put
> those changes in the IDE and review them there.

Again, don't have one.

-Steve