Google Summer of Code

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Tue Mar 8 14:21:43 PST 2011

> On 3/8/11 1:23 PM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> We might try something like this: "Tcl/Tk Community" -
>> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2010/tcltk as it
>> would be an accurate representation of what a D mentoring organization
>> could be... we are "only" a community right now, there is no formal
>> organization, nor do we represent a single project like some other
>> organizations do.
>
> This is incorrect. I applied with Walter's approval and support on
> behalf of Digital Mars, which is a full-fledged organization.
>
> Andrei

Ah, yes, Digital Mars is proper organization, no question about it. But
like you I also saw it unclear whether that would be the best one to
represent D as an open-source mentoring organization, as opposed to a
more abstract entity.

BTW, I see now your new post about GSoC ideas, I'll add one or two
relating to IDE and tools there.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer