Google Summer of Code

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Tue Mar 8 15:56:02 PST 2011

On 04/03/2011 00:10, jasonw wrote:
> Not trying to be political, but as we know Facebook and Google are competing enemies. Why do you think Google would support some Facebook project financially?

Competing? Yes a little bit. Enemies? Hum, I wouldn't put it that way,
maybe rivals is a better term. It's not like Facebook is Oracle, for
which there is a true, much more substantial animosity.

In any case, it's the projects themselves that matter, and if they are
open source and popular enough, that's what matters. And proof of that
is that Facebook was indeed accepted for last years GSoC, and had 6
accepted projects.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer