Google Summer of Code 2011 application

%u wfunction at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:11:34 PST 2011

>> Uh... how helping fix compiler bugs? Could we help with that? I
feel that's *much* more important than benchmarking, for instance,
since it doesn't make sense to benchmark something if it has bugs.
:\
> The funny thing is that sometimes it makes perfect sense, as
benchmarks _do_ push the limits of, for instance, GC and may reveal
a latent bug ;)

Those are a very specific class of bugs -- bigger bugs like compiler
errors with handling templates are completely unrelated to
benchmarking, and they can be a deal breaker for many people.

I don't think anyone cares about *speed* as much as *correctness*...
would you rather have your 50% accurate program be twice as fast, or
have your 100% accurate program be half as fast?