Google Summer of Code 2011 application

%u wfunction at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:30:21 PST 2011

> In machine learning it's very common to trade off accuracy for
speed.
> Andrei

Er... do you _honestly_ think people will start writing machine
learning programs in D, when we're even having trouble getting them
to use D for more typical applications (because of bugs)?

Also, I (obviously) used the word "accuracy" to mean
"predictability", not "approximation". If you can't predict whether
your program is multiplying the result by zero or by one (because of
a lambda template bug in the compiler), that's quite different from
having inaccurate floating-point implementations that change the
number 1.000 to 0.998. People using D for machine learning might
tolerate the latter, but I doubt they can tolerate the former...