Is DMD 2.052 32-bit?

Jason E. Aten j.e.aten at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 23:24:56 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com>wrote:

> On 3/8/2011 1:23 PM, Trass3r wrote:
>
>> Yes, but you can compile an x64 dmd yourself on Linux.
>>>>

>>> Is there any "how to"?
>>>

>> IIRC you have to edit linux.mak to use -m64 instead of -m32.
>>

> It has worked in the past, but the 64 bit build is not regularly tested.

When I tried this last week, changing -m32 to -m64 got me a clean 64-bit
build of dmd2, with no build errors.  Very easy.

A caveat-- I tried the same search and replace s/32/64/ in places on the
druntime and phobos makefiles, but there was something more subtle going
on--the generated libraries built fine but were still 32-bit objects inside
the .a archives.  Somehow I wasn't passing the right flags to generate
64-bit libraries.

Is there a flag to tell dmd to compile to 64-bit objects?

Thanks,
Jason