Google Summer of Code 2011 application

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 02:55:09 PST 2011

On 03/09/2011 11:46 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2011-03-09 11:11, Trass3r wrote:
>>> How about a GUI library. Probably helping with an already existing one,
>>> DWT for example.
>>
>> Good idea, but rather improve GtkD or QtD.
>
> Too bad that's the general opinion people seem to have about GUI libraries. I
> don't understand what they don't like about DWT.

I think the advantage of gtk or Qt is people can reinvest previous knowledge of
the framework. (I mean, they are cross-language in addition to be
cross-platform ;-) I would personly prefere a clearly designed D-specific GUI
system than gtk's huge mess. (Dunno about Qt, people seem to find it far better
designed, but recent events...)

Denis