Google Summer of Code 2011 application

%u wfunction at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 03:12:08 PST 2011

> I think the advantage of gtk or Qt is people can reinvest previous
knowledge of the framework. (I mean, they are cross-language in
addition to be cross-platform ;-) I would personly prefere a clearly
designed D-specific GUI system than gtk's huge mess. (Dunno about
Qt, people seem to find it far better designed, but recent
events...)
> Denis

There's something I absolutely ***HATE*** about Gtk, and it's the
fact that the controls aren't real controls: The buttons don't fade
the way they're supposed to in Windows 7, because they aren't even
buttons in the first place. (They're just rectangles drawn to _look_
like buttons, but they fail at imitating them.)

Maybe I'm OCD, but I just can't stand developing with Gtk. :(