Google Summer of Code 2011 application

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Mar 9 06:48:11 PST 2011

On 2011-03-09 11:55, spir wrote:

>>> Good idea, but rather improve GtkD or QtD.
>>
>> Too bad that's the general opinion people seem to have about GUI
>> libraries. I
>> don't understand what they don't like about DWT.
>
> I think the advantage of gtk or Qt is people can reinvest previous
> knowledge of the framework. (I mean, they are cross-language in addition
> to be cross-platform ;-) I would personly prefere a clearly designed
> D-specific GUI system than gtk's huge mess. (Dunno about Qt, people seem
> to find it far better designed, but recent events...)
>
> Denis

Since DWT is a port of SWT people can reinvest previous knowledge there
as well. In fact, that's what I did. I can also add that Java is
probably the language that most looks like D, syntactically. You don't
have to learn some kind of object oriented wrapper that GtkD possibly uses.

--
/Jacob Carlborg