Google Summer of Code 2011 application

Andrew Wiley debio264 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:16:00 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> On 2011-03-09 11:11, Trass3r wrote:
>>>
>>> How about a GUI library. Probably helping with an already existing one,
>>> DWT for example.
>>
>> Good idea, but rather improve GtkD or QtD.
>
> Too bad that's the general opinion people seem to have about GUI libraries.
> I don't understand what they don't like about DWT.
>
> BTW, I received a patch for DWT which makes it work with D2.

Coming from the Java world, I'm a big fan of SWT because it's fast and
native, and I started out using DWT, but I was frightened away when I
realized that DWT contains a reimplementation of a significant portion
of the Java standard library. It just seems like a decent UI framework
for D shouldn't require another language's standard library to be
ported over, but maybe I'm just critical.
Where would I find DWT for D2?