Curl support RFC

Jonas Drewsen jdrewsen at nospam.com
Sat Mar 12 11:05:49 PST 2011

On 11/03/11 17.33, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:20:38 +0200, Jonas Drewsen <jdrewsen at nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
>> writeln( Http.get("http://www.google.com").content );
>
> Does this return a string? What if the page's encoding isn't UTF-8?
>
> Data should probably be returned as void[], similar to std.file.read.

Currently it returns a string, but should probably return void[] as you
suggest.

Maybe the interface should be something like this to support misc.
encodings (like the std.file.readText does):

class Http {
   	struct Result(S) {
		S content;
	static Result!S get(S = void[])(in string url);

}

Actually I just took a look at Andrei's std.stream2 suggestion and
Http/Ftp... Transports would be pretty neat to have as well for reading
formatted data.

I'll follow the newly spawned "Stream proposal" thread on this one :)

/Jonas