"Code Sandwiches"

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Mar 12 14:34:55 PST 2011

"spir" <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2474.1299967680.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On 03/12/2011 10:16 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> Even with a brightness
>>> >
>> That's a very poor example of light-on-dark: It's all-bold, pure-white on
>> pure-black. Even light-on-dark fans don't do that. The "white" is
>> normally a
>> grey.
>
> It's very strange. What the text on this page explains, complaining about
> light text on dark background, is exactly what I experience when reading
> text with the opposite combination, eg PDFs.
> His text holds a link that switches colors (thus suddenly displaying black
> on white): this kills my eyes! I have to zap away at once.

Yea, I have a hard time looking at that version, too. And I didn't even see
it until after I was away from the page for about an hour and then came
back.

There are also other reasons that both versions of that page are hard to
read:

- All bold.
- All justified (I honestly do find justified text harder to read than
left-algned. And the difference is much more pronounced with narrower text
columns, such as that page uses.)
- One loooong paragraph.