"Code Sandwiches"

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Mar 12 14:49:40 PST 2011

"David Nadlinger" <see at klickverbot.at> wrote in message
news:ilgs4q$27rk$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 3/12/11 11:07 PM, spir wrote:
>> Another obvious remark (not from me, read on the web) is that what is
>> good for paper is not good for screens; because they are light sources.
>> Reading text on white backgroung is like staring at an intensely
>> luminous sky, without moving your sight: doesn't this hurt you?
>
> Only if you have turned up the brightness/backlight of your monitor way
> too high.

I have the same effect as him, but my monitor is so dark that when I look at
an image or video that has low lighting (such as any typical night-time
scene in hollywood movies, or any low-lit room in an FPS) I can barely see
anything at all. My monitor is so dark that a large square of 0x252525 is
barely distinguishable from a large 0x000000 square right next to it. And my
contrast isn't too high: Any lower is noticably overly-dark and
overly-washed-out. And, of course, pure-white on pure-black doesn't give me
any bloom.