SQLite Bindings

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 10:29:20 PDT 2011

One of the features I miss most in Phobos is support for SQLite.
Several people have written bindings and wrappers and haven't gotten
much attention.  (For example:  https://github.com/bayun/SQLite3-D ).

IMHO, we should do the following:

1.  Put SQLite bindings and the C code (which is public domain) in
etc.c, just like zlib now.  Put it in the docs, etc. to make sure people
know it's there.  This will lower the barrier to entry for people who
want to make wrappers.  These can probably be included without any
review, since they're a pile of well-tested C code and a fairly
mechanical translation of a header file.

2.  Encourage people to make wrappers **after** the C code and bindings
are already "just there", ready to be used.  With the barrier to entry
lowered, we might actually get someone who's serious enough about it to
take it through the whole review process, etc., rather than just dumping
a quick n' dirty post to the forum and then forgetting about it.