SQLite Bindings

Jonas Drewsen jdrewsen at nospam.com
Tue Mar 15 02:30:27 PDT 2011

On 15/03/11 01.33, nedbrek wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> "Jesse Phillips"<jessekphillips+D at gmail.com>  wrote in message
> news:ilk728$gk0$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> libcurl, SQLite, libpng, libbzip2, and the WindowsAPI stuff all sound like
>> Excellent items to include for standard distribution. It is really nice to
>> just
>> have these items available like zlib and zip.
>>
>> Personally I think Lua would make a nice standard extension language, but
>> the
>> license is MIT.
>>
>> So if the Phobos devs are willing, lets git some of these in.
>
> I have started D bindings for Tcl, I volunteer to support them.
> https://github.com/nedbrek/tcld
>
> Tcl uses a BSD-like license (which might keep it out the standard D
> library...)
>
> Ned

Regarding the licensing issues... maybe an officially "blessed" library
(libphobos-ext) could be made for all the things that does not go well
with the boost license then? A bit messy but it would open up access to
a great number of libs with a default dmd + phobos + phobos-ext
installation.

I guess BSD/MIT/lgpl etc. licenses are permissive enough for almost
every case anyway.

/Jonas