Why can't structs be derived from?

Jens jne at somewhere.org
Tue Mar 15 14:03:46 PDT 2011

Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 03/15/2011 12:42 PM, Jens wrote:
>> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> Beauty is subjective, so I guess I can say at this point, go write
>>> your own language that is beautiful in your mind.  Good luck.
>>>

>> I am. Thanks.
>
> You don't have what it takes to write a language yet.

You seem awfully sure about that, no? Are you omniscient? What is ironic
is that someone from a D group is saying that. If I found D adequate, I
wouldn't be developing another language, now would I? The prospect for D
changing for the better don't look good.

> Beauty is only
> one aspect of languages.
> Picking features and calling them ugly is
> very easy. (I just did it quietly to myself; giggle, giggle.)

Sure, go ahead and dream up whatever fantasyland your mind requires.

>> Aww, little boy didn't get his way and is going home to cry to mommy.
>
> Nobody here is trying get their way other than you.

Contraire, obviously as evidenced, when someone walks in and is obviously
not potential prey for the D propaganda machine, the ad hominem machine
kicks in. M.O. noted.