Why can't structs be derived from?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:07:17 PDT 2011

On 3/15/11, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> On 3/15/2011 3:41 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> I'd say the primary reason someone won't land on a D page if it's the
>> first time she's looking for it is because D is simply not that
>> popular yet. But saying that it's not searchable because of its name
>> is silly, imo.
>
> D is very searchable if you search for "D programming language".

Another search engine like duckduckgo even figures out you might be
looking for D:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=D

It's right there under 'Computing'. If you hit it you get a whole
bunch of results specific to the language. In fact the next time
someone complains about it not being searchable, just redirect them to
this page:
https://duckduckgo.com/D_%28programming_language%29 ;)