Status report, milestones, quality improvements?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Mar 15 23:22:11 PDT 2011

On Tuesday 15 March 2011 23:14:09 Caligo wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
> > "jasonw" <user at webmails.org> wrote in message
> > news:ilp2rt$1fs5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> >
> > > Newsgroup threads often discuss useless things (CRT displays and
> > > whether black-on-white is better than white-on-black in a feature
> > > proposal threads). Nick Sabalausky and Walter Bright are worst trolls
> > > in this regard, hijacking every thread to spread off-topic talk.
> >
> > Hooray! The discussion nazis have arrived! Time to celebrate:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBh1WMG8Vk Doo dee doot
> >
> > I've seen stupid shit in the internet, but people crying over what gets
> > discussed is by far the stupidest.
> >
> > Browncoats forever! Gorram reevers! Tribute? You steal men's souls and
> > make them your slaves! I ate what? It's a laser, but in solid, not
> > gaseous form. Hummana hummana hummana. Klaatu barada nikto. Yes, I was
> > dead, but I'm better now. Nibbled to death by cats. Colorful * happy *
> > material * go! Shinigami love apples. I will take a potato chip...AND
> > EAT IT! Your moosey fate! Just don't go wrecking your automail!
> > Autowash? Big boom, big baaadaaa
> > boom! You better tell me who you are? You must have bananas in your ears!
>
> I think jasonw forgot to mention that you are also the biggest dickhead
> here.

Let's try to be civil please (as in everyone, not just Caligo or Nick or
whoever). There has been far too much nastiness and childishness in this
newsgroup over the last 24 hours or so. It's not helping anything.

And while I think that jasonw was a bit extreme in how he phrased his
grievances, he does have some valid points (though I'd argue that the part that
Nick is complaining about is not one of them).

- Jonathan M Davis