Status report, milestones, quality improvements?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Mar 16 14:03:23 PDT 2011

"Jonas Drewsen" <jdrewsen at nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ilpu9l$1diq$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 16/03/11 02.13, jasonw wrote:
>> A lot of work is going on around D. However I can't really fit the pieces
>> together to see how everything works.
>>
>> Bad quality
>> --------------
>>
>> One problem is the large amount of obsolete data (
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmdfe )
>>
>> Dsource is The place for D projects. The problem with dsource is if
>> you're a serious professional and need professional quality libraries and
>> tools, dsource does nothing in the way of supporting these types of
>> users. The sections are filled with small hobby projects such as
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/libcalc. What I'm looking for is somehing
>> that emphasizes the names of "important" projects. For example standard
>> parallel/concurrency/server/socket/vfs libraries are a first class
>> priority. It takes a day to browse through the list of mediocre crap.
>
> Actually I once contacted the admin of dsource because I had the same
> concerns as you have. He gave me svn access to the code of the dsource
> site pretty quickly for me to fix stuff (or the a new version of it he was
> working on).
>
> Unfortunately I never got around to submitting anything back. But I'm sure
> that he will be just as welcoming to you I you offer your help :)

I don't mean to badmouth him, and this definitely isn't intended as anything
against him. But I've helped him out getting the new version of dsource
ready, and as far as I can tell, there really isn't much left to do, but he
just hasn't had the time to finally get it up. And that was months ago. A
while back I offered to help out with whatever is left, and he was receptive
to it, but then I didn't hear back from him again. Of course, that may very
well have just been a lost email, or a miscommunication, or something. Maybe
I'll email him again.