Status report, milestones, quality improvements?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Mar 16 17:39:40 PDT 2011

On Wednesday, March 16, 2011 17:32:48 Caligo wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Andrej Mitrovic
> <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > On 3/17/11, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > > Why? It's not like that's going to send all of the people who could
> >
> > answer
> >
> > > such
> > > questions to stackoverflow. And it certainly won't send the people
> > > asking questions there either. They'll just ask the questions here in
> > > the main newsgroup.
> >
> > That, and I doubt SO would allow any type of D-related question.
> > They're quite picky about questions. And SO doesn't give you much
> > space for discussions. D.learn is much more open to discussions.
>
> They've added D to their list of tags.  There are currently 276 D
> questions.

I think that what he meant was that they wouldn't allow _just_ any type of D-
related question. There are lots of questions that you could ask on a newsgroup
which would get closed on stackoverflow.

Stackoverflow is a great site, but it's far from perfect. I think that it's great
if people can get their D-related questions answered there, but I don't think
that we need to be trying to get people to go there to ask their questions
rather than coming to the newsgroup.

- Jonathan M Davis