A list of common bugs

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Mar 17 05:49:41 PDT 2011

This is from a site of people that sell a static analyser for C/C++ code. Their periodic articles are usually interesting, this shows some common bugs:

http://www.viva64.com/en/a/0070/

>From articles like that I conclude that I'd like compilers/languages to take more attention to redundancies (like boolean expressions that can be seen at compile-time to be always false, etc). There is also a good paper about this topic, "Using Redundancies to Find Errors", by Yichen Xie and Dawson Engler, 2002:
www.stanford.edu/~engler/p401-xie.pdf
I'd like Walter to give DMD more weight/attention to such redundancies, because they very often hide bugs.

Bye,
bearophile