A list of common bugs

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Mar 17 06:08:55 PDT 2011

Trass3r:

> I guess pushing dmd's source code through that analyzer couldn't hurt as well.

Recently I have understood a simple thing, that is why the creators of the SPARK (an Ada subset) compiler have written it using itself, also writing down proof of the whole compiler: you can't create a language that allows to write very bug-free code if its compiler has many bugs, because even if the user programs are bug-free, the bugs in the compiler will produce buggy programs anyway. This means that if D wants to become a quite safe (= low bug count) language, it will need to kill most of the bugs in its compiler(s) too.

Bye,
bearophile