internal representation of struct

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Mar 18 11:19:22 PDT 2011

On Friday, March 18, 2011 10:14:34 spir wrote:
> Side-note: in the D community a coding style in starting to spread in which
> type names are capitalised: thus, would be Vertex instead of vertex_t, and
> Vec3f instead of vec3f. (This is for public code, indeed; I just inform.)

LOL. That's the way that _most_ languages do it, I believe. C is one of the odd
ones in that it isn't all that common there. Most everywhere else though it's
normal to capitalize type names. So, I wouldn't say that it's really the case
that the practice is starting to spread so much as anyone who hasn't been
capitalizing their type names is likely from a C background and is likely the
odd man out as far as what's typical goes. It's typical in most object-oriented
languages to capitalize type names.

- Jonathan M Davis