Argh!! Cyclic dependencies!!!

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 18 14:42:58 PDT 2011

These module constructor "Cyclic dependencies" errors are really starting to
piss me off. I feel like I'm back in the days when you'd sneeze and DMD
would vomit out 100 forward reference errors just because you didn't write
your whole damn app in one giant ultra-module. (/me takes a breather to
chill out...Ok...)

I don't suppose there's any chance we could get a quick little:

import foo;

pragma(staticCtorsAvoid, foo);
// Or
pragma(staticCtorsRunBefore, foo);
// Or
pragma(staticCtorsRunAfter, foo);

static this()
{
    // do trivial shit that doesn't touch foo
}

Could we? I don't care which it is. I don't care if it doesn't enforce any
safety at all. I don't care if it gets depricated in favor of an alternate
solution in a later version. I just need a way to say "this'll work, dmd,
just do it and quit yer damn whinin'!!" Doesn't need to be perfect, just
needs to work. At the very least, if I manage to be able to hack something
like that it in, would there be any chance of it getting accepted?