Quo vadis, D2? Thoughts on the D library ecosystem.

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 12:23:41 PDT 2011

David Nadlinger Wrote:

> Should we build something like a staging area, an incubator for
> community contributions not taken yet through formal review, but of
> interest for a wider audience? What about the etc.* package – would it
> be an option to expand it into such an incubation area? If not, what
> should it evolve into – a collection of C-level library bindings (see
> the recent discussion on SQLite bindings started by David Simcha)? Who
> will take care of the maintenance duties?

While growing the standard library is great, or developing a packaging system for D code is all great stuff. We really need a good central search repository. Something that gives maintenance,stability, and is search able by category.

That said, their really isn't a great number of mature, ready to use libraries yet. So why not just use what we already have, and keep it updated with these candidate libraries:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DevelopmentWithD/Libraries