Archetype language

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:21:09 PDT 2011

On 03/20/2011 09:44 PM, bearophile wrote:
>> They should also let down ';' noise, like Go.
> My experience so far has shown me that there are two options:
> 1) You design the whole language syntax on the fact that most times you don't use semicolons (see Python and Haskell. Or even Delight);
> 2) You keep the semicolons obligatory (see D).
>
> Most of the other options I've seen (JavaScript, Go) are train wrecks :-)

You'd have to support such as assertion with some material, I guess ;-)
Lua also lives very well without ';' (except, like Python & Go, for
multi-statement lines).
And I don't see what your point 1) actually means. Ones just need to let down
';', e basta. There is no syntactic issue with treating newline as a statement
separator or terminator in place of ';'.

Denis