Auto constructor [Was: Archetype language]

Don nospam at nospam.com
Mon Mar 21 05:42:08 PDT 2011

Daniel Gibson wrote:
> Am 21.03.2011 11:09, schrieb KennyTM~:
>> On Mar 21, 11 16:17, Don wrote:
>>> I agree. But unfortunately, the idea is a relatively complicated feature
>>> with a lot of special cases. For example, this(this.bla, this.bla){}
>> 'int f(int x, int x) {}' is a syntax error. So should 'this(this.x, this.x){}'.
>>

> and probably this(this.x, x){}

Exactly. That's why it's messier than it first appears.
My point is -- people tend to think things like this are trivial
features because they are not very powerful; and conversely, they think
that powerful features must be complicated. But that's really
misleading. 'pure', for example, is roughly the same level of
implementation complexity as this feature.