Google Summer of Code 2011 application

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Wed Mar 23 06:48:07 PDT 2011

On 09/03/2011 16:12, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 3/9/11, Bruno Medeiros<brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail>  wrote:
>> but that requires compiling and using GDC, which
>> apparently has a host of issues and problems as well;
>
> It doesn't have much building problems anymore. There's a couple of
> patches that need to be applied, but everything is described here:
> https://gist.github.com/857381
>
> I've successfully used GDB as well. I pass the -g flag for debug
> symbols, and it works fine this way when loading the exe in GDB.

I didn't mean problems with compiling GDC. I meant in terms of how
mature and stable GDC is compared to DMD. From what I hear and
understand, it has gotten much better, and it also easier to keep with
DMD now. But it wasn't always the case, and it also not guaranteed that
it will remain the case...

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer