64bit phobos on Windows?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Wed Mar 23 08:05:24 PDT 2011

On 19/02/2011 23:53, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> But even though I hate Win7 (if I wanted my OS to be like OSX
> I'd still be using OSX - although it looks like
> "http://classicshell.sourceforge.net"  might fix some of my Win7 complaints),
> Linux still isn't quite to the point where I'm ready to switch to it. I
> think one big part of it is that I've yet to find a file manager that I like
> as much as XP's Explorer. Dolphin's probably the best I've seen so far
> (beats the pants off of Nautilus), but there's still enough about it that
> bugs me. Not that Explorer doesn't have its problems, but "Better the devil
> you know".

Oh man, don't get me started, I hate Windows 7 so much (I have to use it
though, it's the least bad of all alternatives for me). And unlike you
Nick it's less common for me to hate stuff, so this is a bit more
significant :P
But the issue is exactly the same. Technically Windows 7 is good (speed
and stability), but the UI (same as Vista) is horrid, and I'm embarked
on a very difficult quest to make it look as close as possible as my
previous classic XP setup. I am already using three OS add-ons: Classic
Shell, as you mentioned above; "7 Taskbar Tweaker", a small util to help
ungroup similar items in the Windows taskbar; and that dll fix to allow
custom themes to be installed , plus the Luna theme for Windows 7
(http://satukoro.deviantart.com/art/Luna-port-to-Windows-7-Aero-136960235)
which unfortunately doesn't work entirely well.
But even with all this it is still only halfway to what I had before
with XP, and I haven't found a way to fix the remaining functionality
aspects :SSSSS

Man, I'd wish it was 10-20 years into a future where the successor of
Android had become a viable and cool X86 OS... :P

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer