DMD crash

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Wed Mar 23 14:46:27 PDT 2011

On 2011-03-23 21:51:17 +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland said:

> When compiling a project I now get the following error from dmd (2.052,
> Mac OS X):
>
>   Assertion failed: (!vthis->csym), function toObjFile, file glue.c, line 703.
[snip]

OK, I've managed to simplify thing down about as far as they can go,
while still triggering this bug. As far as I can see, it requires two
files (when I tried combining them, the error went away). Also,
inlining is part of the problem, it seems. (Interestingly, when I try
to use topN *without* my custom comparison, I get the error "Error:
function std.algorithm.topN!("a < b",cast(SwapStrategy)0,uint[]).topN
compiler error, parameter 'r', bugzilla 2962?".)

// foo.d:
#!/usr/bin/env rdmd -inline
import std.random;
import bar;
void main() {
    func();
}

// bar.d:
import std.algorithm;
void func() {
    bool myLess(uint a, uint b) {
        return a < b;
    }
    void inner(uint[] slice) {
        topN!myLess(slice, 0);

And when I run foo.d, I get the assertion failure reported above.

Anyone recognize this as a known error?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland
http://hetland.org