std.parallelism changes done

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Mar 24 09:32:01 PDT 2011

dsimcha:

> I tried to keep it as consistent as possible with std.algorithm.

OK. Then the question is why std.algorithm uses normal strings instead of q{} ones.

And regarding consistency with std.algorithm, a more important factor is that std.algorithm.map is lazy, while you have a eager map, and the lazy version has lazy in the name, so the names are kind of opposite of std.algorithm.

> Unfortunately I don't have access to this kind of hardware except at work.

Maybe some other person in this group has access to a 8 core CPU and is willing to take some numbers, to create few little graphs.

Bye,
bearophile