[GSOC] Database API

Christian Manning cmanning999 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:48:14 PDT 2011

Hi,
I'm a second year student at De Montfort University studying Computer
Science. I am very much interested in working on the database API idea
that is proposed at
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?GSOC_2011_Ideas#DatabaseAPI (I was
also quite interested in the containers idea, but it looks like someone
else wants to do that)

I have limited experience with database libraries but have begun to
study the JDBC API (in my small amount of spare time only as term
doesn't finish for another 2 weeks for me and I still have assignments).

Has this idea/project been assigned a mentor? I'd like to ask them and
the list, what's the best thing for me to do right now to prepare for this?

Thanks
Chris