[GSOC] more ideas

Simon s.d.hammett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:16:25 PDT 2011

On 24/03/2011 19:39, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:54:56 +0200, Trass3r <un at known.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't want to edit the ideas wiki page without getting another
>> opinion, so what about:
>
> Me too - how about an image library? Being able to load/save popular
> image formats from/to RGB pixel arrays would be a great start, with
> everything else a bonus.
>
> There's gd bindings here, but it's only a thin wrapper around the C
> interface: http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/
>
> Lack of an image library keeps me going back to Delphi+PngImage for such
> tasks.

I've got bindings for libjpeg and libpnd done.
Whipping up a few more bindings for other c image format libs wouldn't
be difficult. Just having a single source for basic IO of the more
popular formats would be good.

--
My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.
http://www.ssTk.co.uk