[GSOC] Database API

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Sat Mar 26 07:52:25 PDT 2011

On 26/03/2011 00:04, Trass3r wrote:
>> Another question about Digital Mars' GSOC involvement: when it's
>> application time do I submit a proposal to someone directly, to this
>> list, or to the GSOC site at http://www.google-melange.com ?
>
> You always have to apply via the google site.
> I'm sure I read that somewhere in the FAQs.

Yeah, exactly. Technically you don't strictly need to contact the
organization before hand to submit the proposal, nor does the proposal
have to be related to the ideas presented by the organization, the
student can bring forth his own ideas.
But later the organization will rank each student proposal to eventually
decide which ones get accepted, so of course it helps that the student
has discussed the proposal before hand.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer