[GSOC] ANTLR and Java based D parser for IDE usage

Luca Boasso luke.boasso at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:12:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

thank you for your reply and your interest in being a mentor.
I was reading the GSoC Student Guide to understand how to structure my proposal.
By tomorrow evening (San Francisco Time) I'll post a draft of my proposal.
I need some time to explore the existing D IDEs and to illustrate how
this GSoC idea
can be useful for the community.
I would like to present in the proposal a timeline of the objectives
of this project in order
to make the best use of these three months of work.

I'm familiar with Eclipse and I have played a bit with your DDT plugin.
Given the overall quality of Eclipse I have found that it is more reasonable to
go with a plugin approach to build an IDE, rather than to build one
from scratch.
I still have to investigate the other IDEs available for D but since ANTLR
produces a high quality Java parser I assume that DDT would be the IDE
that will
benefit the most from this GSoc idea.

Thank you

Luca Boasso