CTFE Overhaul (Was: RFC: Thrift project proposal (draft))

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:18:01 PDT 2011

I remember a few months ago I've tried using CTFE and import
expressions to load a .def file and generate at compile-time a runtime
DLL loading mechanism in a class which would load a DLL file and
create wrapper functions for DLL functions. It would also add
try{}catch{} blocks based on a naming scheme and if -debug was
enabled. But I've had some big issues with string handling at
compile-time.

I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or if CTFE was just
inadequate at the time (I do remember having some trouble using
foreach loops and some unfriendly CTFE error messages). I'll give it
another shoot soon. Anyhow, its great seeing someone working to
improve CTFE. Thanks, Don!