Managing the review queue

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 12:18:50 PDT 2011

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound2 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> A further issue with the review process is that the bulk of people won't look at
> something until it is actually released. I think the only way to deal with this
> is to be willing to correct deficiencies found after release.

Please clarify "release".  If you mean making the code and documentation public
and conveniently accessible, that's the point of the review process.  If you mean
actually including it with the DMD distribution, then maybe we need an "incubator"
package as others have suggested.  Things would get in incubator after abbreviated
review.  While in incubator we'd make no guarantees about their stability or even
their continued inclusion.  The "real" review would take place over a release
cycle or two, while the module was in incubator.  After each release cycle, we'd
make a three-way decision.  A module can:

1.  Be declared stable and promoted to std.

2.  Be declared not worthwhile and removed.

3.  Kept in incubator pending further review and improvements.