i like cakes

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Mar 28 12:29:42 PDT 2011

On 3/28/11 9:31 AM, FeepingCreature wrote:
> On 28.03.2011 15:19, random lurker wrote:
>> FeepingCreature Wrote:

>>> Are you the idiot with the sockpuppets? Good job giving all of us
>>> a bad name.
>>
>> Gary Whatmore's message looks like a troll post to me. Could even
>> be iLiekCaeks himself.
>
> ILiekCakes actually has some good points once you get past the
> instinctive fanboy's revulsion for people who are not in awe of D.
> ;)

I've never had an emotional response to such posts but I'd be hard
pressed to gather insight tidbits from them. He has technical knowledge
and follows developments in D with a zeal worth of a nobler cause, but
all he tries is to manipulate everything and everyone to make D look bad
and to derail any constructive discussion. I'm surprised you are falling
for that.

His recent longer rants reveal some quite interesting personality issues
and give insights into his ulterior motives and their origins. Probably
an interesting case for a social psychologist.

Anyway, just like in the case of 'retard', the main annoyance to me is
wasted time on such a low signal/noise ratio. Reddit is difficult to
browse as is. One of these days I'll spend 15 minutes finding and
installing a good killfile-like reddit browser extension. (Does anyone
know of one?)

Andrei