[GSoC Proposal] Statically Checked Measurement Units

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Mar 28 14:45:09 PDT 2011

On 2011-03-28 12:53, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> * At best the proposal could define and project a relationship with
> std.datetime, which defines a few units itself. Wonder whether it's
> possible to simplify std.datetime by using the future units library.

Well, I can't say what's possible before we actually have a proposed units
module, but I doubt that there's much in std.datetime which could be
simplified by having a units library. The units portion of it is a fairly
small piece. There are functions templatized on time units, but that's all so
generic that it's not exactly much code. So, it'll be interesting to see how a
units module might relate to it, but I question that it would really do much
to simplify it.

- Jonathan M Davis