GCC 4.6

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Mar 28 15:47:39 PDT 2011

Andrei:

> To be brutally honest, I'd say that this discussion (and a few others)
> could be reduced to zero.

I have suggested the Google Summer of Code for D even the past year, and I agree it's important for D future. But I think Walter has to know something about modern JITs & dynamic languages too. I have had bad experiences with Guido (Python author) that until no more than one or two years ago seemed to didn't even know what a trampoline stub is, and this has caused some problems. You have to take care of the knowledge of your Benevolent Dictator For Life, I want Walter to know lot of things.

Bye,
bearophile