John Song has been accepted as a GSoC 2011 mentor for Digital Mars

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Mon Mar 28 16:12:44 PDT 2011

> My fellow engineer John Song has joined the ranks of our GSoC 2011 mentors.
>
> John works with me on the larger ads team at Facebook and we've used or
> seen each other's code on occasion. He kindly offered to help with a
> Thrift-related project, so in case David Nadlinger's application is
> accepted John would likely mentor David.
 From student to mentor, this might sound somewhat strange, but
nevertheless: Welcome to the D community, John! Thank you for offering
to voluntarily spend your time on a GSoC mentorship – if my proposal
should be accepted, I'd be glad to work with an experienced Thrift
developer/user.

If you are reading this, John, would you mind having a short look at my
proposal which you should find on your Google Melange dashboard? I'd
greatly appreciate any feedback.

> Registration for students opens later today.
Not that it would matter, but registration was already open by the time
you wrote your post. ;)

David