Is D more complex than C++?

ToNyTeCh tt at nospam.net
Mon Mar 28 19:59:46 PDT 2011

Seriously, I wanna know. How many lines of compiler code does it take for
each (Walt should have the best handle on this, surely)? The LOC is one
parameter, but I don't want just that -- it just came to mind while
typing the overall question. The intricacy of the compiler is much more
important thatn the LOC. (Is D's compiler more intricate than C++'s?).
Any facts, feelings, guesses, whatever, are all welcomed in response. The
complexity in regard to usage would be a good thing to hear about from
users of all levels of experience (with D and other languages).