Is D more complex than C++?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 21:15:24 PDT 2011

On 03/28/2011 07:59 PM, ToNyTeCh wrote:
 > Seriously, I wanna know.

You are asking one of those questions where the answer will be wasted on
the seeker. You've made it clear numerous times on this forum that you
have a very limited understanding of C++.

 > How many lines of compiler code does it take for
 > each (Walt should have the best handle on this, surely)?

I can't answer that but there must be many.

 > The LOC is one
 > parameter, but I don't want just that -- it just came to mind while
 > typing the overall question. The intricacy of the compiler is much more
 > important thatn the LOC. (Is D's compiler more intricate than C++'s?).

Which D compiler and which C++ compiler do you have in mind?

 > Any facts, feelings, guesses, whatever, are all welcomed in response.

Fact: You do not know C++. Feeling: You are feeling lonely. Guess: You
are jealous.

 > The
 > complexity in regard to usage would be a good thing to hear about from
 > users of all levels of experience (with D and other languages).

You need to have some programming experience in order to understand the
complexities involved. What language are you learning currently? How
many lines of code have you written?

Ali