Complete D grammar

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Mar 28 23:46:15 PDT 2011

Having written a D2 parser a few month ago in the hope it will be
helpful to Visual D (just finds it way into the plugin right now), I've
noticed quite some inaccuracies in the "official" grammar on the
website. Some of these are probably already in bugzilla, some of them
might be personal taste and should be discussed, though.

I've set up a comparison with some notes here:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/wiki/GrammarComparison

The parser was written manually, so the proposed grammar was not
directly used to generate the parser and might still contain errors.

I've extracted the website grammar using some combination of scripts
from the ddoc sources, so if there is interest, I can dig them up...

Rainer