Complete D grammar

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Tue Mar 29 05:53:49 PDT 2011

On 28/03/2011 18:19, Luca Boasso wrote:
> You can find an ANTLR grammar for D v1 at
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/antlrd/browser/toys/v3d/parsed.g (by
> Ellery Newcomer)
>
> The syntax is similar to EBNF, check the ANTLR documentation for details.
>
> I hope this might help you.
>

> Luca Boasso

Indeed, Ellery is (AFAIK) the only one who has worked on ANLTR-based D
parser recently and possibly got any significant work done in that. It's
definitely worth looking at his work and see if anything can be reused.
However, according to his most recent message on the subject:

"
Been pretty busy this semester, so I haven't been doing much.

But the bottom line is, yes I have working antlr grammars for D1 and D2
if you don't mind
1) they're slow
2) they're tied to a hacked-out version of the netbeans fork of ANTLR2
3) they're tied to some custom java code
4) I haven't been keeping the tree grammars so up to date
"
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=122803

...it may not provide much of head-start.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer