expression templates

enuhtac enuhtac_lists at gmx.de
Tue Mar 29 11:44:54 PDT 2011

Am 29.03.2011 20:16, schrieb Caligo:
> enuhtac, may I ask what you are going to use the expression templates
> for? linear algebra library? is it an open source project?

Hi Caligo,

I'm going to use the expression templates for CFD (computational fluid
dynamics) computations. In this context I need to implement linear and
nonlinear operators on 2D and/or 3D variable fields (in my case based on
expression templates). It this will not result in a classical linear
algebra package but it will include some of its features - i.e. simple
algebraic operations on vectors and the solution of sparse linear
equation systems.

Concerning the type of project: first of all I'm playing around a bit,
to see what D has to offer and to refine my ideas of an CFD framework.
If things develop well this may lead to an open source project. We'll see...

As there are no answers related to opCmp I assume I have to use one of
my ugly workarounds...

enuhtac