expression templates

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 12:15:47 PDT 2011

== Quote from bearophile (bearophileHUGS at lycos.com)'s article
> The operator overloading done with opCmp is too much coarse even if you want to
implement sets with operators like <= < > >= == for subset, etc.

Can you please give an example of where <=, >, etc. are useful for representing
set operations?  My naive opinion (i.e. without understanding your use case) is
that using comparison operators to represent anything besides partial or total
ordering is a severe abuse of operator overloading.  (Their use to represent
ordering of corresponding elements of a vector or matrix is a borderline case.)