GSoC-2011 project:: Containers

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:32:33 PDT 2011

On 03/29/2011 08:34 PM, Ishan Thilina wrote:
>> I can try to answer your questions, but I have not applied to be an
>> official mentor.  Just want to make that clear.
>>
>> My previous message was "I would be a mentor for this, but (reasons why I
>> will not)"
>>
>> Sorry if that is not what you read.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> That's ok, You have given me enough encouragement to carry on this project. :-)

> expectations from this project. But it is hard to make everyone happy. (Me my self
> being new to will need more time to get familiar with the advanced concepts of D.)
> So I want to know what are the containers that you hope me to implement in phobos?

I have in mind a general Tree & Node, or TreeNode idea; especially implementing
all common tree traversal schemes (including leaves only) and the background
mechanisms to insert/remove/change given nodes and search/count/replace given
values. It may not be used as is --because various tree kinds actually are very
different-- but could be highly useful, I guess, either as template or as
supertype to be derived from.
Comments? (I would probably do it anyway.)

Denis