expression templates

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Mar 29 14:02:32 PDT 2011

dsimcha:

> Reasonable people can disagree on this, but I say definitely yes.

I think the Python set API was designed by the great Raymond Hettinger, one of the best Python developers regarding data structures, algorithms, etc, and a person able to write the most elegant and clean C code, I respect his skills about as much as Don skills. In years of usage I have had no problems with that API, and from the main Python newsgroup in some years I have not read people complain about that API.

For not simple set operations in Python I often use English methods instead of some operators because I prefer my code to be more readable and because in my code the second operand often is not a set, so I can't use operators. In the end I am able to survive even without operator overloading :-) In Bugzilla so far I have never added an enhancement request regarding opCmp.

Bye,
bearophile