Review of std.net.isemail part 2

Don nospam at nospam.com
Wed Mar 30 04:23:02 PDT 2011

Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On 2011-03-30 01:27, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

>>> I believe enum values are to be named lowercase first.
>>> EmailStatusCode.any
>> I don't know what the style guide says about enum members but if that's
>> the case I'll change the names to begin with lowercase.
>
> All names are camelcased.

That's not true. ALLCAPS is relatively common in Phobos.
There is absolutely no way PI is going to become pi.

> All type names begin with an uppercase letter, and
> all variables begin with a lowercase letter (with the possible exception of
> private member variables beginning with _ - but what's private to a class or
> struct isn't as critical as the public API regardless).

That part is clear.

 > enum values fall in the same camp as variables.

I never heard that before, and it doesn't seem to be true throughout
Phobos. Grepping for all enum declarations (there isn't very many of
them actually), I found some which were like that, some which start with
uppercase, and some which are all caps.

I think you're assuming more concensus on style than has ever actually
been discussed.